Monday, November 21, 2005

Football Follow-up

Let me follow up just a tad on the football post from last week. Maybe try to explain myself a little bit better. The SD info is all well and good, but my "jump" to 49er fan seemed a little hasty, at least it seemed to me.

Like I said, I didn't like the Niner's at all in SD. "At least they weren't the Raiders" was the only saving grace for them. (my Raider hatred runs deep, as well as that for the Dodgers, too...this will not change, ever!)
But I moved up here, followed the team, saw them on TV every week, saw the players on TV pitching cars, loans, steak places, etc...so they lost that "enemy" look about them.
Plus hearing them interviewed on radio and tv all the time made them less hate-worthy and more human (again, Raiders and Dodgers are excluded from this type of humanity).
And they were winning too. It was Steve Young's last days, and the team was still really good, and when Jeff Garcia took over after that, it was like I was starting all over with my very own new QB.
So, where am I now? The team is really bad, not much to root for, but things are (may be) looking up. I watched the game yesterday with more intensity, actually paid attention to the announcers, the plays, the missed plays and found myself really caught up in the action. Instead of waiting for a team to catch my fancy, I'll follow the local boys and hope that they can continue to get better and make the playoffs soon. And in the off-season, I'll pay attention to the draft.

I can do this...I just hope the team doesn't let me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home