Monday, November 07, 2005

Chapter 2 (or is it 3 by now?)

Good morning and welcome, I'm not Joey and this is my blog. Quite a few changes going on in these here parts, with the "being laid off" and the "going on vacation" things taking up most of my time lately. So, here's where we stand at this point.

Unemployed, looking, but not looking too hard yet. I'm leaving the exciting world of staring at a computer screen for 8 hours a day (this blogging part doesn't count as staring, because I'm actively creating something here...in theory) and hopefully finding a new career in either the Travel and/or Food Industries.

Quick point of pop-culture reference (and embarrassing "Friends" trivia)...remember when Chandler was unemployed and he took a job as an intern at the advertising agency?
(please say 'yes')
That's sort of where I am at this point.

So, every day, I'll be sitting here, writing about the job search, writing about my days in "the city" (that would be San Francisco, CA) writing about just whatever comes across my desk, mind, etc... that would be worth writing about. I've decided to get serious about this writing thing, keeping the blog updated DAILY (!!!), maybe not on weekends, though, and just forcing my opinions/thoughts/daily doings on the vast population that reads these blog thingys.

Again, that is the plan.

So, for today I've already done the following:
File unemployment insurance claim
Call 401k people regarding account
paid bills
fill out COBRA health insurance forms
climbed up the Fillmore Hill (whew!)
visited PEETs, in the Marina

It's only 11:30am, and my list of stuff to do is barely dented.
I'm busier now than when I was working!

Quick digression:
I mentioned earlier (thanks for paying attention) of a vacation. The wife, also not Joey, and I went on a little vacation. We spent a week in Oaxaca, for the Day of the Dead celebration...eating food, visiting ruins, seeing small craft villages and artisan workshops. We got a rug weaving and dying demonstration, saw how the famous Oaxacan Black Pottery is made, toured a small Mezcal producing plant and ate grasshoppers. I even got ill and stayed in the hotel room for 2 nights.

Small bit of trivia that only I cared about: Anderson Cooper (CNN) was staying at our hotel, and Pete Wilson (Local news guy, radio talk show host) was on our plane back from LA.

Ok, I can hear it now...PICTURES!!! Where are they???
Relax and go here:
Oaxaca Pictures
I'll be putting some more up there later today and all this week.

see ya tomorrow...I'm off to the Ferry Building to see Prince Charles and Camilla.
(I know, that sounds like a fake sentence, but it's true)

1 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 09:01:00 AM, Blogger penny said...

Gorgeous pictures! I'm going to share them w/my friends. We're thinking of checking out this festival next year.

Warning about the photos: Do not look at them if it's 5.00 pm and you've not had lunch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home