Monday, November 28, 2005

Weekly Restaurant Review

Today's installment of "Weekly Restaurant Review" won't have the same biting commentary, tasty morsels of gossip, or sweet smell of failure that previous reviews have exhibited...nope, none of that this time.
The reason? Well, it's simple, really...I didn't pay attention to what I was doing!

You see, we (the wife and I) met our friend (let's call her Paulo) for brunch at Sydney's Home, located in the SF JCC, and I was so busy catching up with our friend, that I didn't really pay attention to what I was eating.
Some restaurant reviewer I am, right?

Ok, so in a nutshell: I had the corned beef hash and eggs. Good tender corned beef, but it was mostly potatoes, and some finely diced peppers. Good flavor, but I could've used more corned beef in my corned beef hash.
Service was fine, nothing special, nothing bad, just fine, which was good considering we were talking during the entire meal.

It's a nice restaurant for the JCC. The brunch menu had a decent selection of about 15 items (eggs, sandwiches, salads,), not too heavy on the Jewish items...it's not a deli nor a traditional Jewish-style restaurant, but they had only one (1) pancake/french toast entree, and I was craving some good doughy breakfast foods.

So, out of a total of 5 pancakes (my newest creation: the 5 level scale of restaurant quality...this will probably change for the next review)

3 pancakes
I know that's a cop-out rating, but it's an honest one. For our needs, at that time, it was a 3.
Anyway, we walked home, 2.1 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home