Sunday, April 08, 2012

For the Wife I

This isn't really for the wife, but ME DOING THIS is for her.
We went to Mel's diner today for breakfast. Haven't been there in years, but the sister wanted to go there and it's across the stret from her hotel and 4 blocks from our house so seemed to make perfect sense.

It wasn't as crowded as I though it would be, oh, I forgot to mention that today is Easter, so I was expecting busier.

I'll assume you've been to Mel's or have seen American Grafitti and know the deal, but just in case, it's a kitschy re-creation of a 50's diner.

I had French toast and a side of corned beef hash. It's a large portion of bread, a little dry on edges but good overall and pretty good for the 'hood. The hash was nice, with good onion flavor but no pieces of onions nor bell peppers, and a some nice bigger chunks of the corned beef.

All in all, much better than I expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home